The Apex Organisation for Industry in Zimbabwe, the Confederation of Zimbabwe Industry (CZI) has been in existence since 1923. It is an independent, self-financed, legally constituted organisation that represents and serves interests of members in a wide array of matters affecting their viability and competitiveness. CZI has four regional chamber offices in Mashonaland, Matebeleland, Midlands, and Manicaland, which serve as reference points for industry in international business community. CZI promotes active business in Zimbabwe to achieve a minimally regulated business environment, in which development is possible.
In the interest of Zimbabwe's economic prosperity, the Confederation shall foster and encourage, promote, protect and advance the sustainable growth and development of the manufacturing industry and business development in Zimbabwe.
• To be the representational voice for the manufacturing industry and active business;
• To promote a competitive, minimally regulated business environment in Zimbabwe wherein standards of excellence prevail and Members are able to succeed;
• To maintain strong working relationships with Members, Government, other business sector organizations and any other stakeholders which may serve the common interests of Members;
• To require its Members to maintain standards of integrity, ethical business practice, courtesy and efficiency;
• To support sound environmental practice compatible with sustainable development.
• CZI Undertakes this function on behalf of members to ensure that both the Central & Local Governments enact laws that are conducive for optimum business operations.
Broad basic Economic Advice
• CZI proactively propose and recommend Government on key economic issues and provides members with economic analysis.
• CZI provides members with information that is important and general in nature to suit membership needs. CZI also provide survey/research based information
Smuggling destroying economy:CZI | NewsDay